Visiting Eiffel Tower can be a challenging. It is the symbol of France and one of the most visited monuments in the world. The attraction is crowded all year round. Thus it’s a good idea to plan your visit beforehand. If you’re going to visit Eiffel Tower, these helpful tips may be useful for you.
The Eiffel Tower
1. Buy your ticket online. Even if you wake up very early and stand in front of the tower an hour earlier before its opening, you will see a large crowd. So the most effective way to completely avoid “Buying the Tickets” line and head directly “to the Elevator” line.
Note: Stair entrance tickets are not sold online. So if you are planning to climb by stairs, skip this tip.
2. Be aware of price. Eiffel Tower Tickets price varies depending on many factors. The complete price-list is available on Eiffel Tower Official Website.
|Valid from January 1st until October 31st 2017
Individual Price Range
|ADULTS||12 – 24 years
|Lift entrance ticket
(valid to 2nd floor)
|Lift entrance ticket to top||€17,00||€14,50||€8,00|
|Stairs entrance ticket
(valid to 2nd floor)
- Children under 4 years visit the Eiffel Tower free. Accompanying adults are charged the individual adult rate.
- Reduced Rate is valid for 4 – 11 years old, Disabled persons and French job seekers.
3. The Eiffel Tower is open every single day of the year !
- from 9 a.m. to midnight from mid-June to early September,
- from 9:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. during the rest of the year,
- At Easter weekend and during the Spring holidays : extended opening hours to midnight.
4. The access to the Stairs and Elevators may be slightly different, so be sure to check the Opening Times on their website.
5. Admission times for groups:
- Tickets for the top on sale until 9:30 p.m. at the latest
- Tickets for the 1st and 2nd floors on sale until 10 p.m. at the latest
6. If you want to enjoy your time while visiting Eiffel Tower and not to get tired of waiting in the line these tips may be helpful:
- Visit “the Iron Lady” in early spring and late autumn ( low season)
- Early in the morning and late in the evening
7. The most crowded time periods when you better postpone your visit to the Eiffel Tower are:
- High season, especially August
8. Metro – Line no.9, “Trocadéro” station : the best way to discover the Eiffel Tower, with a stunning perspective! Or Line no.6, metro station “Bir-Hakeim“
9. RER- Line C:« Champs de Mars-Tour Eiffel » station
- Bus 82, stops : « Tour Eiffel » or « Champ de Mars »
- Bus 42, stop : « Tour Eiffel »
- Bus 87, stop : « Champ de Mars »
- Bus 69, stop : « Champ de Mars »
11. By boat – Did you know that you can also get to the Eiffel Tower by boat? An original and pleasant way of exploring the heart of Paris with all the magic that lines the Seine on your way to the Eiffel Tower. Find out more about Batobus.
12. By bike – Bikes are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at any of the Vélib’ stations. A pleasant way of exploring the Parisian streets by bike on your way to the Eiffel Tower !
For Your Best Visit
13. Use public restrooms. there are 2 public restrooms one each on the 2nd and 3rd floors. At ground level restrooms can be found in the east and west column.
14. Get extreme! if you are a lover of something from extreme, walk on the see-through floor, near the 1st floor 58 tour Eiffel restaurant ( one from the best, but not from the cheap)
15. Be attentive, there are lots of pickpockets. Try not to lose yourself because of the beauty or the thought that one of your dreams came true.If you have a rucksack use it in the front side by this way you can pay attention to you belongings.
16. Be punctual. If you bought your ticket online, it means that you have already selected a time slot. If you’re late more than 30 minutes, you are not allowed to enter.
17. Re-entry isn’t an option. You can stay as much as you want. Try to enjoy your time, because re – entry to the Eiffel Tower is not allowed.
18. Bring a hat, eye-glasses or gloves with you. For saving yourself from the Sun, wind or cold.
Keys to make the Best Shots
19. Best time to take photo. Early morning or midnight are the best to take pictures of Eiffel Tower.
20. Don’t bring valuable objects with you: In the entrance all the visitors are examined by a security officer. If an item you’re carrying sets off the metal detector, the officer will confiscate all those things till the end of your visit.
Final Money-saving “Secret” Tips
21. Climb up the 2nd floor with no lift for €7 , it will take from you 5 minutes
22. Don’t buy souvenirs being sold here, as the cost is much higher than anywhere else
23. Take some snacks and a bottle of some drink, it will be cheaper than eating in restaurants
Interesting facts about the Eiffel Tower
- It is the most- visited paid tourist attraction in the world
- During World War the second when Hitler visited the tower, french people cut the lift cable for making him climb the steps to the top of the Eiffel.
- The tower weighs 10. 000 tonnes and every 7 year 50 tonnes of paint are added to protect it from rust.
- It was originally built to be in Barcelona, but the project was refused
- For climbing the top one must put 1665 step
- In 2007 an American woman Erica LaBriet married the Eiffel tower and changed her name to “Erica La Tour Eiffel”.
- Eiffel and Margaret Thatcher have the same nickname “ The Iron Lady”.
- Gustave Eiffel, who died while listening Beethoven’s 5th symphony, had his own apartment in the top of the tower in the past.
- It is illegal to take photo of the tower at night
- Once a man (Victor Lustig) sold the tower for $70.000. But no one punished him, as the deceived loser didn’t want the others to know about his misfortune.